- Connects and aligns the power end of an ANSI pump to the wet
- American National Standards Institute. A set of specifications
(envelope dimensions) for centrifugal pumps manufactured in the
- A seal gland that incorporates a non sparking disaster bushing
along with a vent and drain connection (quench), and a flushing
- American Petroleum Institute Specifications. Usually adopted
by oil refineries for petroleum applications. Includes seal gland
and piping recommendations.
- Atmospheric pressure added to gauge pressure.
- A corrosion resistant metal that has not been passivated. The
protective oxide layer has not formed.
- They predict how capacity, head and horsepower are affected by
changes in the centrifugal pump impeller diameter or shaft
- Air is coming into the stuffing box because of a negative
- The center line of the pump is perfectly aligned with the
centerline of the driver (usually an electric motor).
- A type of silicone carbide that does not contain silica.
- The heat or pressure in the area where the equipment is
- To soften the metal by heating it to a predetermined
temperature somewhere below its melting point.
- A treatment used on aluminum to put a heavy stable film of
oxide on the metal surface.
- Usually referring to a ball or roller bearing
- A description of the fluid and operating conditions that we
are trying to pump or seal.
- At sea level, atmospheric pressure is 14.7 psi.
- An old, obsolete standard that has been replaced by the
For information about my CD
with over 600 Seal & Pump Subjects
Link to Mc Nally home page