- In metal bellows terminology it is the calculated diameter where the pressure penetrates between the metal plates. This number is used to determine the hydraulic balance diameter of the seal face.
- Power out of the equipment divided by power in.
- The stressed part retains its memory and returns to its original shape.
- A rubber like material that, when compressed and then released will return to 90% of its original shape in less than five seconds.
- A process involving chemical change caused by the passage of an electric current through a liquid.
- Beyond this point the metal will fatigue without increasing the stress.
- Environmental protection agency. A government agency with a mandate to protect the environment.
- Ethylene propylene rubber. The most common elastomer used in the sealing of water based and higher pH materials. Cannot be used in petroleum products.
- Permanent displacement of a portion of the O-ring into a gap, under the action of fluid pressure.
Eye of the impeller
- The center of the impeller, where the fluid enters.
- On February 09, 2018