- Original equipment manufacturer. The pump or seal company, not
the distributor of the products.
- A sensible preventative maintenance technique to check the oil
for solids, water etc.
- Lubricating oil has a useful life of about thirty years at
thirty degrees centigrade if it is not contaminated.
- A lubrication system where oil and air are mixed and sent into
the pump bearing case. Not friendly to the environment.
- Measured after the seal has been compressed the proper amount.
The measurement is usually made from the face of the stuffing
- A high quality glass lapped flat on one side and used with a
monochromatic light to read seal face flatness.
- The space into which an O-ring is inserted. Dynamic O-ring
grooves use a different dimension than static O-ring grooves.
- Occupational and Safety Health Act. Government regulations
that affec the sealing business. OSHA 1910 is one of the more
important that impacts the training of seal mechanics and
Over hung impeller
- Not supported with bearings on either side of the
- Combines with carbon to form carbon monoxide or carbon
dioxide. The oxidizers attack all forms of carbon including the
seal face and any black O-rings in the system.
- Created by oxygen atoms combining with oxygen molecules in a
high energy atmosphere .Will prematurely age Buna rubber. Ozone
forms in the shop as a result of the sparking of electric motor
For information about my CD,
with over 600 Seal & Pump Subjects
Link to Mc Nally home page