CALCULATING THE FRICTION
LOSS IN METRIC SIZE PIPING
SOME NOTES FOR THE METRIC PIPE FRICTION CHART SHOWN BELOW
- The chart is calculated for fresh water at 15°C.
- Use actual bores rather than nominal pipe size.
- For stainless steel pipe multiply the numbers by 1.1.
- For steel pipe multiply the numbers by 1.3
- For cast iron pipe multiply the numbers by 1.7
- The losses are calculated for a fluid viscosity similar to
THE FOLLOWING CHART WILL
LET YOU CALCULATE THE LOSES THROUGH VARIOUS TYPE VALVES AND
The Mc Nally Institute
1637 Sand Key Estates Ct. Clearwater, Fl
Link to Mc Nally home page