Each course covers the individual subject in great detail and does
not require the purchase of any additional books or materials. Each
of the courses allows the student to work at his own pace, away from
the work place.
$69.95 + $9.95
postage and handling =
- Please note this course is available in only the United
States and Canada. It is not available Internationally
The student is given several hundred questions to answer and is
told where to find the answer in the reference material, forcing
the student to read every page of the manual. When all of the
answers are completed successfully and returned to the Institute,
the student is sent a final examination that must be completed to
receive his or her diploma.
Home Study Course
- In the following paragraphs you can read about some of the
subjects covered in this course
- How the pump curve is created.
- The basic formulas for converting head to pressure.
- The relationship between centrifugal pump head, pressure,
capacity and liquid velocity.
- The three basic rules needed to understand centrifugal
- Explaining the different types of shaft deflection.
- An explanation of L3/D4
- How to stop shaft deflection
- Creating the system curve. How to calculate the three types
- Specific speed and suction specific speed. How do you use
- Determining why the pump does not build enough head or
- Determining why the pump does not produce enough
- Determining why the pump uses too much amperage.
- Calculating shaft loads and the amount of shaft
- Simple pump modifications that will increase seal and
- The four types of cavitation and how to recognize and
- How to make a system curve and then select the right size
- The pump affinity laws. What happens when you change the
speed of a pump or the diameter of the pump's impeller?
- Vibration readings.
- The ten types of corrosion problems.
- Problems with the pump's piping.
- Alignment between the pump and its driver
- Dynamic balance of the rotating assembly.
The Mc Nally Institute Book Division
Dade City, Florida 33526
E mail :
For information about my
CD with over 600 Seal & Pump Subjects
Link to Mc Nally home page