BOILER FEED PUMP B034
- Usually a multi-stage, high-pressure water pump used to feed hot, treated water or condensate to a steam boiler.
- This is a difficult application because we generally need a pump with a constant head and varying capacity. In other words, a centrifugal pump with a flat pump curve.
- It also presents problems for a mechanical seal because high temperature water has little to no lubricating qualities and high pressure usually requires a special high-pressure seal design.
- Most of these pumps come equipped with a cooling jacket surrounding the stuffing box. Use it to cool the water in the seal area
- Keep in mind that any leaking high-pressure, high temperature water can be dangerous, so dual seals or an API gland should be a serious consideration.