DECONTAMINATION OF PUMP PARTS BEING SENT OUT FOR REPAIR D039
The Hydraulic Institute standard ANSI/HI 9.1-9.5 Pumps – General Guideline
Includes section 9.5 that covers this subject in detail.
Here are a few of the key parts of the procedure:
- The complete disassembly, cleaning and decontamination of the pump parts must take place prior to shipping. An itemized list of all of the parts shall accompany the shipment. Cleaning steps to include:
- The product shall be drained and decontamination fluids flushed from the pump/parts.
- The pump/parts shall be dried and free of contaminates, liquid or particulates.
- Radioactive material will not be accepted even if decontaminated or cleaned.
Prior to shipping, prepare two copies of a data pack that includes:
- A statement that decontamination took place.
- A description of the decontamination procedure.
- A signature, with date, of the person certifying that the decontamination was completed.
- A description of the installation and the operation of the pump.
- Description of the liquid characteristics (name, concentration, temperature, pressure, viscosity, particulate, etc.).
- The material safety data sheet (MSDS) for the liquid.
Attach a copy of the data pack pump/parts being shipped and send a copy to the recipient as backup.