P.D. PUMP P001
The PD pump is a positive displacement pump that is often called a rotary pump. These pumps can pump a high pressure or head, but at a low volume making them an ideal choice for most metering applications.. Positive displacement pumps (PD pumps) do not have a pump curve. The process industry uses PD pumps in about 10% of their applications because of their lower capacity.
They come in a variety of designs that include:
The capacity of a rotary pump is determined by the speed of the shaft. The head or pressure output of a rotary pump is determined by the horsepower available and the strength of the casing.
Depending upon the application, PD pumps may offer:
- A constant flow relatively independent of changes in system pressure.
- A constant flow relatively independent of changes in pumpage viscosity
- The ability to handle high viscosity products
- The ability to run dry for short periods of time
- The ability to handle entrained gases.
- The ability to self prime.
- Higher efficiency across varying system pressures
- On February 16, 2018