You are hearing noise
YOU ARE HEARING NOISE ST018_3
- The product is cavitating in the pump. There are four types of cavitation:
- Internal recirculation
- The Vane Passing Syndrome
- And one that resembles cavitation, Air ingestion
- A rotating component is rubbing.
- The bearings are bad.
- The seal has come loose from the shaft. The soft stainless steel set screws have vibrated loose from a hardened shaft or sleeve.
- A foreign object has entered into the stuffing box or was left in the stuffing box during the last seal change.
- The sleeve is hitting an API (American Petroleum Institute) disaster bushing.
- The seal faces are running dry. They will make a whistling noise.
- You have hit a critical speed.
- Coupling misalignment.
- The noise is coming from the motor or some near by equipment.
- “Slip stick” at the seal faces.
- On February 18, 2018