- Connects and aligns the power end of an ANSI pump to the wet end.
- American National Standards Institute. A set of specifications (envelope dimensions) for centrifugal pumps manufactured in the United States
- A seal gland that incorporates a non sparking disaster bushing along with a vent and drain connection (quench), and a flushing connection.
- American Petroleum Institute Specifications. Usually adopted by oil refineries for petroleum applications. Includes seal gland and piping recommendations.
- Atmospheric pressure added to gauge pressure.
- A corrosion resistant metal that has not been passivated. The protective oxide layer has not formed.
- They predict how capacity, head and horsepower are affected by changes in the centrifugal pump impeller diameter or shaft speed.
- Air is coming into the stuffing box because of a negative suction pressure.
- The center line of the pump is perfectly aligned with the centerline of the driver (usually an electric motor).
- A type of silicone carbide that does not contain silica.
- The heat or pressure in the area where the equipment is located.
- To soften the metal by heating it to a predetermined temperature somewhere below its melting point.
- A treatment used on aluminum to put a heavy stable film of oxide on the metal surface.
- Usually referring to a ball or roller bearing
- A description of the fluid and operating conditions that we are trying to pump or seal.
- At sea level, atmospheric pressure is 14.7 psi.
- An old, obsolete standard that has been replaced by the A.N.S.I. standard.
- On February 09, 2018