- 90 degrees to the centerline of the shaft.
- In an end suction centrifugal pump it is the bearing located closest to the stuffing box. This bearing handles most of the radial loads put on the impeller.
- A method of manufacturing silicone carbide mechanical seal faces. These materials are sensitive to caustic and some other high pH liquids.
- Used to measure low temperatures in the Fahrenheit scale. Similar to Kelvin which is used to measure low temperatures in the Centigrade system.
- A second impeller used to lower the stuffing box pressure.
- A common type of hydraulic balance used on outside mounted mechanical seals.
- A shaft with a rotating speed lower than its first critical speed.
- Root mean square. A measure of surface finish or smoothness. Metric uses C.L.A. or centerline average for the same purpose.
- The scale most often used to measure hardness of the hard seal face.
- When the spring loaded or moveable portion of the seal rotates with the shaft.
- Twice the distance that the center of the shaft is displaced from the axis of rotation.
- On February 09, 2018