Heavy Duty Pump
HEAVY DUTY PUMP H013
Heavy duty means different things to different people.
My definition is, “A pump that can operate in a wide operating window without breaking something or experiencing premature seal and bearing failure”.
Among the features would be:
- Low shaft diameter to length ratio (less than 60 L3 /D4) less than 2 in the metric system.
- Large operating window.
- C or D frame adapter to simplify driver to pump alignment
- Centerline design for thermal expansion.
- Oversize stuffing box.
- Adequate bearing retention (no snap rings).
- Positive bearing sealing. No grease or lip seals that will cut the pump shaft.
- Reliable bearing oil level indication.
- Bearing oil-cooling availability.
- Low net positive suction head required (NPSHR).
- A double volute to prevent shaft deflection.
- Suction specific speed number below 8500 (5200 metric).
- Dynamically balanced rotating assembly.
- Impeller specific speed number selected for the application.
- Duplex metal impeller.
- The impeller should be investment cast.
- On February 15, 2018